Olen kutsustud külla lõunat sööma. Minuga koos sööb
12.aastane perepoeg. Saime enne sööki headeks sõpradeks, sest tema tahtis mulle
raamatut ette lugeda. Kana ja riis terava tomatikastmega oli väga maitsev.
Kahjuks ei osanud ma lugu pidada teisest pakutud toidust, maisipudrust ja okra
kastmest. Tegelikult on aafrika maitsed ikka väga erinevad meie omast. Pakkusin
ükspäev naabrinaisele moosisaia tee kõrvale. Ta polnud kunagi moosi söönud.
Võõras maitse talle! Isegi kui ma siin oma köögis koogiküpsetamisega hakkama
saan ( ja kõik vajalikud ained siitmaalt üles leian), ei ole ma kindel, kas
keegi seda sööb.
First steps in Ghana
It has now been more than a month since I arrived in Tamale, Ghana. The first two weeks were more about acclimatation with the living conditions and the culture, especially food. Even now, the adaptation process is still ongoing, but I am gradually starting to find my feet in daily life. First meeting with GDCA I have been warmly welcome by the GDCA staff and other colleagues. As they say, "the doors are open", everyone is willing to help whenever needed. The challenge was more on the work part as it started very slowly, sometimes leaving me with the feeling that my days were empty. However, these past weeks have been much busier. I’ve had the opportunity to join field visits and attend workshops, even if not directly connected to my mission’s focus. First meeting with Moya community for a new VSLA project School4Life workshop with district's heads ...

Comments
Post a Comment