Where everything realigns

Since I am a kid I have always loved drawing. It is my go to activity when I need time by myself, when I need to break from reality. It is something I have always preserved with care and attention, knowing that wherever I was, whatever happened, drawing would realign everything. 

However, one thing I realised over the years was that while drawing fascinated me, painting scared me. I still do not know why, maybe I just love the idea that people can imagine the colors they want when looking at my drawings, or maybe I am just scared to ruin something I care so much about. 

Tamale has been life changing in this regard. I love to think that is something that was planned for me. Next to my place, just beside the forest, a guy is providing free paiting sessions during the whole week. After a full month in the city I had the courage to step there and join one of these sessions, already knowing that It would have leave my confort zone and face my "colour fear". 

I found it a little bit crazy and a little bit amazing how my fears disappeared as soon as I got to the place. Once I arrived the place of packed of kids enthusiastic of learning the magic of colour. It was their enthusiasm, I think, that made me realize the beauty of colouring and of exploring how colour can be mixed together. 


And from there my beautiful journey rediscoverring such a small and basic things as colours began. I did what I always do with my drawings, I started by picking a memory I wanted to keep with me forever and I draw it. And after drawing I started painting trying not to overthink about what I was doing and letting my memory guiding me. 
This is the result and I could be happier than this to having found the place where everything realigns even if that also include facing one of my "fears". 




Comments

Popular Posts